Friday, January 24, 2014

Tiger Blood??



Day 20.
(Insert Law & Order noise...)

Apparently in this quest for lifelong health, around this point in the game you should be feeling what is known as “tiger blood”.  This is the holy grail of what “good” is supposed to feel like.  The cravings are supposed to be gone.  The pains are supposed to be gone.  Everything is supposed to be better.

Let’s break it down. 

Fact- The cravings are not gone.  I could kill for some ice cream… or pizza… or a glass of dry red wine…

Fact- I don't even drink dry red wines... see the issue here?  (sweet and apple wines are my poison for those taking notes at home).

Fact- I am a poor planner.  When I started this, I failed to count the number of weekends… turns out, I am on this thing for 5 WHOLE WEEKENDS!!!!!  If I would have started a few days later, I would have only endured this for 4 weekends- my pizza/wine Friday nights are missing me.

Fact- The next time I do this, I shall be a better calendar planner.

Fact- Other than headaches I get from not drinking enough water, I have basically eliminated all residual pain, and can recover VERY quickly from workouts. 

Fact- My energy is soaring!!  My husband and I have started training for a half marathon!!!!  This is something that would not have ever been possible if we both weren’t feeling as great as we are now.

Fact- I just zipped up a Lily Pulitzer dress that I got when I graduated high school.  I am not sure I am ready to wear it out- but I am sure that is absolutely DID NOT zip when I started this.  *small victory dance* (real small dance... not one where I have to breathe heavily in this dress)

Fact- My husband and I have decided to do this again… timeline to be determined… It may not be another full “whole 30”… but it will be something very similar.  We feel great.  This was one of the best things we could have ever done.  Every day would be perfect if we still had our wine/pizza date night.  And ice cream.  Maybe a warm cookie too… tigers like cookies too right?

Fact- pictures soon… maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment