Monday, December 8, 2014

Derailed!


 A surely as a 213 degrees can power a locomotive, anything less, can stop in dead in its tracks.  212 degrees is the temperature at which water boils, 213 is the temperature needed to produce steam.  Steam powers locomotives that are thousands of pounds and carries people and supplies across a country.  1 little degree can make that big of a difference.  One degree. 

In July when I started my health kick, I was pumping at 213 degrees.  Everything was full steam ahead.  However, with the start of August came the start of school, work, wedding season, and football season.  August started my last semester of grad school, it started teaching 8 out of 8 classes, and coaching swimming- resulting in 10+ hour days regularly.  Wedding season meant long trips, fun receptions and copious amounts of alcohol.  Football season meant the same.  It also meant traveling every other weekend (some months every weekend).  Before I realized it, my 213 degrees had simmered down to a luke warm bath- barely recognizable by its steaming predecessor. 

My train was derailed. 



Now I stand at the heaviest weight of my life.  My clothes fit (or don’t fit) differently, my complexion no longer glows and my mood swings are grand.  This isn’t what I signed up for.  Not one bit. 

On December 1st I started to see a lot of chatter on social media about the Advocare 24 day challenge.  I need something to keep me on track this holiday season.  On December 2nd we started. 

It is now day 5 and it’s tough.  It is definitely easier than Whole 30- however, the time of year makes it tough.  I graduated on Friday with my Masters and my sweet husband had a whole evening planned… which included drinking and red velvet cake- a Michael Kors watch and a dozen roses… how was I supposed to say no to that??

After Friday night we got back on track.  Even had an Advocare compliant meal at Chipotle in the midst of our Christmas shopping. 

This is not where I wanted to be at this point.  However, sometimes you just have to turn the heat back up and start that boil again.  And that is what I am doing.  That locomotive will move, I will be powerful, and I will take control back.  Nothing can stop me.  At times, I may be slowed down, my progress may come to near halt, but I will not falter in meeting my goals.  I will make my dreams come true, and I will give the next generation a role model of fitness that they can aspire to. 

Stay tuned…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment